Well the first few days of any diet are always the hardest and I am 80% pleased with my success on the first day. I wasn't as great as I could have been but I have to remember this is a lifestyle change, I can't burn out and give up. Here's my food for Monday
Breakfast
Grapefruit
Coffee
Lunch
Yellow Bell Pepper
2 tomatoes
1/2 cucumber
5 strawberries
handful of cherries
Snacks
Apple and banana
Dinner
Chicken breast
black beans
whole wheat pasta
2 glasses of wine
Dessert
Greek Gods Yogurt
I shouldn't have had the wine or the pasta but what can you say when you get home and your plate is already ready and your wine is already poured? I need better self-discipline but that will come as I continue on this plan hopefully, I have to remind myself this is a lifestyle change, not a "diet". I didn't have diet coke all day yesterday which is something I have to cut out and have as a treat only. My aunt said one day she realized the majority of people who drink diet coke are overweight, never thought of it like that. There is so much sodium and it's also been said to increase your appetite so I am cutting it out for the most part.
I started the couch to 5k program last night also. I feel like I could probably run more than what the program says but I am sticking the program so I can progress like I should. Yesterday was a 20 minute run and I felt like I should do more so I rode the stationary bike for 20 minutes. Not my best workout but it was something. Tonight I won't run since you are supposed to run every other day so I will focus on the stairmaster and stationary bike.
Wish me luck today with the fruits and veggies!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment